Saturday, February 23, 2013

Eternity

Something I have been thinking about alot lately since our lecture in class is how having children puts stress on a marriage. I always thought that children would make everything better. But now I realize that I will still need to work on my future marriage even after we have children. Brother Williams explained in class that after a couple has a child, marriage satisfaction lowers. "In average the American marriage, marital satisfactions is high until shortly after the birth of the first child, goes down significantly after birth of each child, then levels out before improving as the children leave home." There are a few steps to keeping a marriage strong:

-Plan dates and special time together as soon as possible.
-Express gratitude for the contributions your partner makes.
-Discuss and plan responses to the likely challenges
-Discuss your concerns and worries without being critical of another

These are all things that i want to remember for when i get married. Eventually my future children will grow up and have their own spouse and be sealed to them. So it is important to me that i one day have a strong relationship with my husband becuase he is who i will be spending eternity with.

No comments:

Post a Comment